Thursday, January 27, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
My ipad apps 'cool school'
My Ipad apps is called 'Cool School'. Every day, students go to school carrying loads of books. Some of them can be quite thick and heavy. Sometimes, we can see small kids go to school with a backpack that looks like as if it can fit the whole world in it. And imagine a medical student with their books. Yeah, and some of us, has experienced being punished by teachers when we forgot to bring our books. Whether it was intentional or not. Hehe. Been there, done that.
- [Text book] All the textbooks are like in the Ibook format. Students can download the textbook for the subjects that they take.
- [Share notes] Students can share notes between teachers, peers, friends etc. by synchronizing their Ipad.
- [Share past exam questions] they can also share past year exam papers and test for references and more exercises.
- [Exercise book] Exercise book can also be downloaded like Ibook format.
- [Submit homework]Teachers can give their students homework, assignment and lab report through this apps by synchronizing their Ipads. Students can submit their homework via synchronization or via email, which this apps can collect all the homework and assignment sent to the teacher into one place making it easy for the teacher to mark their work.
- [Answer test] Test and examination can also be held by using this apps. During the test, school can control the internet and settings. As soon as the students login to take the exam or test, the students are enabled to access all their educational resources till they complete their test.
- [Access library book] They can also access the library books, school's bulletin etc. They can also send letters or medical certificate (MC) to the school. The school can also send them any school letters or information.
- [Reference book] They can also purchase reference books via Ibook and sync it with this apps.
- [Records lectures] If permitted, they can record lectures, group discussion etc. so that they can always hear back and refer to it later.
- [Educational resources] Students and teachers can easily access to websites, video, pictures, song, TV show, experiments that can help the learning process.
- [Mind map & mnemonic system& song generator] Students can sketch their mind maps etc. and edit it and make it more fun. For song generator, students can either record their own song or, pick a song and then enter their notes and it will turn into a song.
- [Encyclopedia, dictionary, music notes] With this apps, users can access encyclopedia, dictionary and music notes too.
- [How can students afford it?]Currently, for primary and secondary student there is this program which called 'Skim Pinjaman Buku Teks (SPBT)'. Maybe, a funding like that can be used to fund kids who can't afford Ipad. Books cost can be hundreds of ringgits per year. A year later, they are not used anymore. While Ipad can be used for a long time. And t can also be used for other functions.
- [How to access internet?]Every school can provide Wi-Fi.
- [How to control internet access?]School can control the settings so that any sites with doubtful contents are inaccessible.
- [Environment friendly] By using fewer books, less paper will be used. Therefore, fewer trees will be cut. Then, we can save our forest! ♥
This apps can be used by any level of education. With this apps, we can always access the books, assignment and all the features that we wanted to. There will be no problem if we suddenly wanted to do a study group. And, whenever we are, wherever we are, doesn't necessarily be at school, we can study, as it is handy. On vacation, while queuing, on the road... name it, we can always study efficiently. As I was a student, and becoming a teacher, I do think this is the best apps ever.
Whenever the users are on the go, and can't reach any Wi-Fi system, users can always use Maxis broadband as Maxis now caters their services for Ipad. For more information, do visit[link]
Saturday, January 15, 2011
My Ipad apps is called 'My Doctor'. It is an apps that has features such as;
- [Stores all your medical records]. Sometimes, when people go from another doctor to another doctor, the new doctors doesn't know your previous health history completely. This may lead to misdiagnose. This apps can store the patient's blood pressure reading, glucose reading, cholesterol reading, ct scan, MRI scan, X-ray, ultrasound, dental records, blood test result, medicine prescription, treatment etc. Every doctor that treats him must write the patient records in the apps.
- [Simulation video/diagram]. Doctors can find simulation video and sync it to patient's Ipad to help him explain to his patients about procedures, health management, disease management, medical options etc.
- [Weight loss program].This apps also enable users to record weight loss program. It can also count calorie burnt during exercise and count calorie based on what you eat. This apps also have various video exercises. There are also nutritional facts and recipes for healthy meal.
- [Appointment & medicine reminder]. This apps can remind the users when to take his medicine and when is his next appointment with his doctor.
- [Do's & don’ts]With this apps, patients can see what are the do's & don’ts with the disease that he suffers. For example, a person who suffers from gout can’t eat spinach, nuts, tomatoes, cauliflower etc. When patients know what to avoid, this will help patients to prevent pain and control it.
- [How to key-in information?] Only a licensed doctor can have their own password. To write the report on the apps. The doctor then has to key-in his password to verify the report.
- [Reference letter] Reference letters are usually confidential. So, the doctor who writes the letter can set the letter as private, and only a doctor with the correct password can open the letter.
- [Easy access to consult the doctors] This apps will have the direct link to the hospitals website, doctor’s email, etc. Patients can also see his medical bills through this apps.
- [Directory to the nearest medical center] This apps help users to get to the nearest medical center using GPS system.
- [Emergency response] Users can see the emergency response or first aid that they can do, before going to the doctors. Only for immediate response. For example, put pressure on bleeding wound to prevent blood loss,emergency birth delivery, give a bath to child who has high fever to prevent epilepsy etc. This feature can also help especially when people are stuck in a disaster such as hurricane, blackouts etc.
- [Health campaign] Any health campaign can also be featured here. For instance, 'no smoking' campaign, 'beware of epidemic symptom' campaign etc.